Monday, 8 March 2010


Wrote it, but completely forgot to put it up!! ><

After the long, arduous (well, not really, it was pretty chilled out to be fair!) road to the end of the term, we can finally say we did it! :)
We spent a lot of time on that project, each doing what we did best, or at least to the best of our abilities if we had no idea how.
If anything, I wish we could have had a little more organisation between us. We didn't do badly, but at times, we were all over the place. :)
I would have liked to make the scene bigger, but smaller is best, when you can detail it correctly.

Even though we couldn't get a final render done, which is still really rather annoying, we have a playblast. We tried to home render all our final scenes, but for some reason, even though the whole project folder was taken, some textures were missing. Despite being inside the folder, in the correct places. We will probably attempt ti figure it out over the time off, and hopefully come up with a full render, just for our own benefit. :)

I'm not sure what else to say, except that I'm really proud of my team, and that we all pulled through in the end. ^^

Friday, 5 March 2010

Problems, Problems, Problems. ):

We ended up having about a bajillion problems when the rendering happened.

Both Karl, and Harry attempted a home render, as the renders we attempted to send through to the render farm kept failing, or the settings were entered ever so slightly wrong.
It turns out, even after pulling the entire folder from my laptop where the final scene had been pieced together, and all the textures carefully kept in one place, some of them still ended up missing. x__o
It's visible in the final playblast, as the biggest one that disappeared was the market stall! I'm still not sure how that happened.

All in all, we couldn't get a final, shiny, lit render done within the time, but did manage a playblast. This unfortunately meant that we couldn't place the animations properly. :|

Wednesday, 3 March 2010




And the children started off as mine, but Dean gave me a kind helping hand. As a result, he has the final file. :)